
As a result of the conviction for the crime I was accused of, I was required to attend group treatment/counseling. Of course, during the treatment, it is required to tell your story. After sharing my story a few times and answering questions, the counselor said that I needed to take a specific type of polygraph test called a Specific Incident.
A Specific Incident polygraph, as the name implies, allows the polygraph examiner to ask questions specific to the crime to determine whether I am telling the truth or not. I was scheduled to take the exam this morning. The questions were very specific to the crime and the victim and I was even asked if I had lied at all during the examine. The examiner conducted the test twice. Afterward, he graded the test.
I sat and waited on pins and needles. Then the examiner turned to me, stood from his seat, held out his hand and said these words, "Mr. Silverman, I believe you are telling the truth."
He then informed me to let my probation officer know the results and that I would be released from having to attend treatment. Later that day I received the call from my probation officer. It is official. I no longer have to attend treatment.
Finally, I have some news that is heading in the right direction, some news that agrees with what I have been saying all along. This does not overturn the conviction nor does it release me from probation, but it does help my case.
4 comments:
Great news!
Glad to hear it and hope you are doing well.
Yaaay! Finally -- some good news for you!
Good to read this.
Dan, you and I met on a conference call a few years back when Marlene was looking at starting up a web resource project (which later was apparently adapted into the Recovery from Religion project). [Memory jogger: I was with The Way International for almost 3 decades (and left in 2005). You asked on the conference call if I knew a certain ex-Way follower, but I didn't them...at least that I could recall.]
I've read bits and pieces about your story along the way and am glad to read this bit of good news.
And I'm glad to have found your blog!
Best to you...
~carol welch
Post a Comment