Nothing much has progressed since last week. The custody hearing for my children was originally far the end of March, but since the trial was moved, they also moved the custody hearing. Now that will take place toward the end of May. I had another meeting with my lawyer and so we are still going over the case. Another meeting is scheduled for next week.
I continue to have visitation every Thursday. At this time only my youngest son is coming and he has been coming faithfully each week. We have a great time talking, catching up on the week, drawing pictures together, shooting some basketball and just enjoying one another's company.
My oldest son has not been coming and I miss him. He told the counselor that the reason he is not coming is because he does not like the place where we have to meet. I suspect that this is the least of his reasons. As far as I know counseling has stopped with him because he refuses to talk to the counselors. He has withdrawn within himself in many ways.
I certainly do not have access to a lot of information about my family and, as a result, I can only speculate. And, yes, that is dangerous as it can lead to conclusions that are not true. However, I do find it interesting that the only child of mine that has been consistent in visiting me is the one child that is also not living at home with the rest of the family. You can make of that what you will, I suppose.
That's it for this week's update!
34 comments:
I know the waiting is absolutely terrible. One of the worst things abut these kind of situations. Keep hanging in there!
Thanks for the update, Dan. All this waiting must be maddening!
Hang in their Dan, the waiting will probably be the worst part. I can imagine you'll be relieved when this whole thing ends.
Good luck and glad to hear one of your kids escaped the harmful indoctrination.
seems to me like the three children living at home are being brainwashed and influenced by the mom and others...sometime those 'baptists' can be the worse people when you don't conform to their ways.
i don't think that you can call the church where they came from (heritage) a baptist a church. more like a homeschoolers cult.
seems to me like dan silverman is the one who is trying to brainwash everyone, but it won't work on the judge or anyone who really knows him and knows what he is like and what he has done. it is sad that he won't repent and come to the Lord so that he can be reconciled to God and his family, but that is what happens when we choose to put our faith in ourself instead of God. I'm sure most of the Baptists who know Dan are praying that he will stop lying to God and repent for what he has done.
Man, anonymous cowards are better than coffee to get my day started. ;-)
Thanks for letting some of then through, Dan.
Most importantly it will not work on the LORD. God will not be mocked. Dan is the coward. He is the one who is hiding behind his lies and has nobody to blame but himself for the mess he is in and is putting his family through.
I have no reason to believe Dan is lying, and this will be decided by a jury of his peers, not by you, Bob.
You do not know Dan or his family. Dan is lying. Whatever the outcome, God will not be mocked and Dan will eventually have to answer to Him. Hope he repents before it is too late.
ok, so sam...you know dan? and who are you to say what will happen in the end. if you're a believer, shouldn't you pray that Dan will come back to the Lord, and that God will NOT be mocked? geez
DJ, we all have to answer to the Lord. I am praying Dan will repent and come to the Lord for salvation. Dan has mocked God and is still mocking God, so that is why I am praying that Dan will repent.
Dan I could not believe my eyes when I saw the things you were saying on here. I have heard you preach numerous times and you even came to my brothers funeral and talked to me. I am just in shock! I pray that you will be saved before it is too late. The end is coming soon and you sure are not ready! May God help you.
"The end is coming soon"
Dude, they've been saying that for nearly 2000 years. I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen.
Jesus tap dancing Christ Dan, you were head-over-heels with these crazies, weren't you?
Dan is not mocking god because there most likely is no god; and there DEFINITELY is no Christian god. Get over yourselves you solipsistic, ignorant, delusional people.
"The end is coming soon.
Dude, they've been saying that for nearly 2000 years. I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen."
You are pretty sure it's not going to happen?
I am POSITIVE it IS going to happen. I pity all unbelievers when it does happen, and it IS going to happen.
"Dan is not mocking god because there most likely is no god; and there DEFINITELY is no Christian god."
There most likely is no God? WRONG! THE ONE AND ONLY God of the bible DEFINITELY exists and you will find out in the end, Ender.
As the bible says you will be without excuse.
I'm betting Sam is a Poe. No one could be that ridiculous for real could they?
Mike, I do not know Poe, but I do know the Lord, and He says in His Word that those who say there is no God are fools.
Read the Rapture Ready forums Mike, trust me, this person is the tip of the iceberg
Sam, read the whole Psalm. It's not directed at non-believers, it's directed at the nation of Israel.
Anon/Sam/Bob
It's exactly because of dogmatic, intolerant, hateful, grossly intolerant neanderthals like you that I decided to leave the church.
@Sam
Do you know Dan and his family personally? Please enlighten us on your knowledge.
My sympathies to you Dan, if these are the sort of ilk you had to deal with during your ordeal. I wish you well in this case.
Dan, I just came across your blog from another link, and am so sorry to read about everything that you, and your family are going through.
As a committed Christian believer, one thing I do know for certain is that no matter what, innocent of this charge, or not, God loves you unconditionally, and He doesn't expect us all to check our minds at the church door either. The Lord honors honest doubt, and any sincere searching for truth.
You maybe seen as a pariah, and cast-off to other folks, but never to God.
I'm a social worker with CPS, and so I know how trying, and difficult these investigations, and custody issues can be for the families, and everyone involved.
You, and your wife, and kids are in my prayers right now.
Sincerely,
Grace.
Mike, actually all through the bible God speaks about all those (Jew and Gentile alike) who do not believe His word as being fools and being foolish.
This is quite a party. How about some verses, David? Forgive me for only knowing the psalms that Christians lovingly spit at me.
Wow, the "Christian love" sure is pouring out upon you, isn't it? Good luck to you, Dan. Stay strong.
I know that Jesus would never treat people the way Dan has been treated here. I love Jesus and I know Jesus loves Dan. I believe God will show himself to those willing to look. I am praying for you and your family, Dan.
It is impossible for Dan to repent. Read Hebrews 6:4-6. It's impossible to renew them again unto repentance.
He is twice-dead, plucked up by the roots. He has blasphemed the Holy Ghost. He is reprobate concerning the faith and will never have forgiveness.
When will Christians start reading their Bible and take off Baptist glasses? Baptist false doctrine is what got Dan in this reprobate state in the first place.
Dan, you should be proud. Apparently God dropped in and posted on your blog. Because Anonymous knows your heart so he must be God.
Anonymous, you do know that Baptists back up their theology with scripture too right?
Baptist commit the logical fallacy of exclusion of contrary evidence by ignoring all the passages that teach, using Galatians actual terminology, that one can 'fall from grace.' Dan has done despite unto the Spirit of Grace (Heb. 10:26-31), comitted the sin unto death (1 John 5), has fallen away and it's impossible to renew him again unto repentance (Heb. 6:4-6). His soul is dead (James 5), the latter end is worse than the beginning (2 Pet. 2:20), he will not enter the Promised rest (Heb. 4:1), he's twice-dead and plucked up by the roots (Jude). None of his righteousness will be remembered and he'll die in his iniquity (Ezek. 3, 18, 33). Baptists, WAKE UP. Quite ignoring God's warning. Forsake Eternal Stupidity and quit believing Ye shall not surely die hissed by the Serpent.
Mike, out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. You know what's in Dan's heart by the blasphemy he utters. Calling the Spirit of God Hostess Toasties and such like, is utter blasphemy. A reprobate doesn't even care. They are around for one purpose, to treasure up wrath against the day of wrath (Rom. 2) as vessels of wrath (Rom. 9). God will use the likes of Dan and perhaps you to try the hearts of men in these last days. Also, you said earlier that people have been saying Jesus is coming for years. You only fulfil prophecy. Peter wrote that in the last days scoffers would arise and say Where is the promise of His coming? For things have been the same since the beginning of creation...
Wake up, Baptists! You got your doctrine all wrong! Wake up, Methodists! Your's are wrong, too! Hey, you Catholics! Watch out! You definitely got it all mixed up! To hell with you! That's where you will go unless you buy into my form of doctrine, dogma and belief!
Presbyterians! You're not off the hook, either! Get on the ball and get the right Bible verses (not the wrong ones now! Make sure you cherry pick from among the proper ones to choose from!)! If you miss 'em, you'll burn! Anglicans! What's up with you anyway? Dogma again ... it's gonna condemn you! Watch out!
Jehovah's Witness ... Mormons ... do I even need to go there? Way off doctrine! Heretics! Spotted walls! God is definitely not pleased with all of you! You not only didn't cherry pick the right verses, but you went and rewrote then entire thing! How dare you! Get on the ball before the final axe falls!
Unitarians ... what do you believe anyway? ... move along ... nothing to see here ...
Messianic Jews ... You have mixed elements of rabbinic Judaism with the pure Gospel! How can you expect to be saved from the wrath to come!
Pentecostals! All the speaking in tongues in the world cannot save you unless you have cherry picked just the right verses from just the right Bible translation that was translated from just the right set of manuscripts! Don't you get it? Few are they that find the way to life!
Church of God ... Church of God of Prophecy ... Mennonites ... Amish ... Church of the Brethren ... Eastern Orthodox ... Oriental Orthodox ... Apostolic ... Reformed ... Lutherans ... Anabaptists ... Puritan ... Quaker ... Moravian ...
NONE OF YOU GOT IT RIGHT!
So this is Christianity, huh? Wow.
In case you didn't get it ... this entire post was sarcasm.
Genius, it's been the last days for 2000 years.
Mike. Exactly. There's the last days and the last of the last days. Until Israel became a nation (1948) many of the prophecies couldn't come to pass (all nations gathering against Israel, etc.)Peter wrote to not be ignorant of this one thing, that a day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years a day. It's been 2 days since the beginning of the last days (Heb. 1; Acts 2; I John 2, etc.). As you said, it's been the last days for 2000 years. There is a distinction between the last of the last days though. Psalms prophesied that when the Lord shall build up Zion(Jerusalem) then shall He appear in glory. (1967). Daniel prophesied that knowledge would increase and many would run to and fro in the latter times (Dan. 12). As it was in the days of Lot (Sodomites on the rise), etc. and so on. And of course, scoffers that say exactly what you are saying: 2 Pt.3:3,4 "There shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, and saying, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation." We appreciate you fulfilling scripture and thus proving the Book you so hate.
Wow, Anonymous, you don't know me at all. I don't hate the Bible, I don't hate Christians, if I still believed in God I would still be one. I never wanted to be an atheist and still seek God on a regular basis. It is hateful "Christians" like you that make me ill. I see none of the love of Christ in you. You are one of those "loving" Christians that spit scriptures at people.
Matthew 24:34
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Matthew 16:28
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Post a Comment