Saturday, November 15, 2008

Making the News

Making the news is not always a good thing. Despite my incarceration having occurred on September the 8th, a news report about it did not come out until November 12th. Another man from the church I used to attend, Dean Stone, had turned himself into police and confessed to some 24 counts various sexual acts with a minor. Because we had both been a part of the same church, the news decided to report on me as well.


My charge was touching a child in the area of her chest (one count). Mr. Stone's charge was 24 counts and much worse. However, the news report seems to want to lump me in with him. When I first found out about this, I was crushed. I was afraid to come out of the hotel room where I am now living.

Here is the link to the report:


Two members of a Vinton church charged with molesting children


I post this here because I have nothing to hide. I know that I did not do this crime and that I am being accused thusly because I left the faith. What would you do if you woke up one morning to find a news report about you like the one above? How would you react? What would you feel if you were in the process of losing your family as a result of your decision to simply think for yourself and then to find your picture and accusation in the news and on the Internet?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is quite misleading that the newspaper is lumping you in with a confessed child molestor, as it doesn't explain that these are two separate events.

Just know that you have a lot of support for you growing online, and we'll all be following your case closely. You're not alone in this. Keep updating the blog, because a lot of us definitely want to make sure justice and truth is ultimately served. And even in the worst case scenario, I'm sure a lot of us will be putting up a fight for you.

Here's hoping your 2009 ends up on a better note than your 2008!